Sunday, June 15, 2008

For 'This' Cause

A BIG HELLO to you dear and precious blog reader, blog fanatic, occasional visitor, passerby, critic (or whoever you are, wherever you're from and whatever you call yourself). First of all, thank you for visiting my blog site. You are more than welcome and appreciated.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Zoe Seeker. . . Okay, it's not my real name, but hey! You gotta love code names! ;-p Man, they're cool, aren't they (don't dare disagree, LOL). You can call me. . .or rather -- You should call me Zoe, ('I' pronounce it as "zō") nothing more, nothing less, otherwise it's not me. Regarding the meaning of the name, I'm sure a lot of you knows it, but for those who don't (don't feel condemned), I'll leave it up to you to look for its meaning. You have the internet, just consider it as an extra-credit assignment.

So, who am I? And what is this blog all about, well. . .

  • I'm a letter waiting to be read
  • A singer waiting to be heard
  • An athlete determined to win
  • A farmer looking to plant
  • A peasant called to reap
  • A man willing to make a difference in this world (a lot of people have already given up doing this)
  • An traveler excited for an adventure
  • A philosopher lecturing about Life (Him)
  • An archaeologist driven to find the discovery of all ages
  • A treasure hunter seeking a 'never-before-seen' Jewel
  • A child looking for a best friend
  • A young man searching for the lady of her dreams
  • A soldier fighting for 'this' cause

I mentioned that you cannot call me what you want, but you are welcome to think of me:

  • as your friend, your best buddy, and trusted partner - with whom you can share secrets, open up and simply be comfortable being yourself (I would love you to be my friend, and to be a friend to you)
  • as your responsible father, who loves you more than my life, thus willing to patiently discipline you until you become the best of who you are (I would love to be your father, yet not I)
  • as your mother who carried you for nine months (no one could be closer) and who loves you like no other, more than willing to sacrifice even my whole life to see you grow with integrity, wisdom, dignity and love. (to be that king of mother is indeed one of the greatest honors)
  • as your childhood playmate, innocently loving and liking you, learning with you, discovering new things with you through our unending curiosity. Innocently holding your hand, hugging and kissing you, and being with you all the way (I think this is who I really want to be, how 'bout you?)
  • as your sincere lover, ready to sacrifice everything and go through oceans, mountains and everything just to see your face, have a glimpse of your smile, hear your voice, feel your hand, and catch your tears. Always ready to protect you.

Some people fought for their country's freedom, for democracy. Some fight for the environment -- for the trees, the animals, the ozone layer, etc. that we may have a clean and green place to live in. Some even fight for the homo sapiens, to ensure the perpetuation of our species.

All of us live for at least one thing, some live to be famous, others to be infamous. A lot of people live for their jobs, for their families or for their personal agendas. Whatever it is, we ALL live for something. Very few people, if not none, will say that they live for nothing. Yet, even nothing can be considered as something. (It's still a thing!)

But as for me, I decide to be 'this'. I choose to be 'this'. I was born for 'this', I live for 'this', I fight for 'this', and when the time comes, die for 'this'

FOR 'THIS' CAUSE

1 comment:

Brooxi said...

Cool intro Zoe! I'm interested to read more! Keep posting :o)